A corporate relocation specialist can take the stress out of a big move.
Moving to a new area – whether in the same state or a brand new one – involves a lot of moving parts. Especially if you have no familiarity with the area, it might feel like the process is insurmountable. Fortunately, hiring the services of a corporate relocation specialist can help.
Cut your stress and reduce your anxiety when you work with a relocation specialist who understands what you are going through. These specialized agents have a specific niche of expertise, helping clients just like you.
Relocation specialists have advanced training to be the best advocate for you and your move. They can help answer any of the questions you might have about your move and offer a gentle perspective on how to make a move the most successful.
When your company is relocating you to a new area, most of your moving costs are covered. Still, there are always surprises along the way. Make sure you are clear about what will be paid for by the company and what you are expected to cover. Ask your HR department questions about the following:
- Who pays for an orientation and house-hunting trip to my new city?
- What specific costs for moving are covered? Does this include household good packing and vehicle shipment?
- Who pays closing costs on a new home?
- Does the company offer a service to help sell your existing home?
- Is there any employment help for your spouse?
Once you are clear on these answers, you are better positioned to make your big move. Enlist a qualified and seasoned relocation specialist to help you with all of the nuances of your move. This might include any of the following:
- An accurate comparison of city-to-city costs
- Recommendations for reputable moving and storage firms
- Counseling and strategies to reduce stress
- Basic tax advice about relocation deductions
Relocation specialists can take the stress out of your move so you can focus on what is most important.